Welcome to Wightwick Hall School
On behalf of students and staff I would like to warmly welcome you to the Wightwick Hall School’s website.
Our school community is built on respect and good manners. We offer our pupils a varied and engaging curriculum which is provided by a dedicated team of enthusiastic and hardworking staff.
We are committed to the values and ethos that the Business and Enterprise Education brought to the school and Employability and Life Skills remain central to our core purpose.
I hope the website will give you as much information as possible about our school that you need. If you would like further information or to arrange a visit, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Mandy Morris, Headteacher
Visions and Values
• Learning at Wightwick Hall School is an adventure rich with opportunities for personal development, achievement and enjoyment. All students are given the opportunity to take an active role in the leadership of the school, encouraging them to value themselves and recognise their own abilities and challenges. We offer a personalised curriculum giving the students the knowledge, skills, values and life skills they need to create their own success as thoughtful and confident individuals.
• Wightwick Hall School is an outward and dynamic organisation that embraces the new whilst retaining great pride in its bespoke academic and vocational curriculum. We believe strongly that our partnership with other establishments and organisations enhances the quality of the provision offered.
• Wightwick Hall School is a forward-looking organisation and our success is founded on leadership being integrated and promoted at all levels. We encourage a classroom environment that fosters equality, diversity, respect and positive relationships. We have a culture that has a clear vision with ambition and achievement at its heart.
Our Local Offer
Wightwick Hall School is situated in an old stately home with extensive landscaped grounds, on the border of Staffordshire and Wolverhampton. All students who attend Wightwick Hall have an Education, Health and Care Plan or a Statement of Educational Needs...
18 December 2017
19 Dec 2017: School closes for Xmas (Tomorrow!)
03 Jan 2018: School reopens (16 days)
Findings from our latest Ofsted inspection endorses our philosophy.
Statements from that report demonstrate Ofsted's high regard for the education provided to our students:
• The Headteacher and senior leaders convey their ambitious vision to the rest of the staff. Governors challenge the school effectively and contribute well to the improvements in teaching and achievement.
• Excellent links with schools and other partners enrich students’ opportunities in work related learning.
• Students in all key stages make good progress from their starting points.
• An impressive range of courses enables students at Key Stage 4 and in the sixth form to gain qualifications including GCSE and Entry Level. Students with the most complex needs develop their basic skills well and sometimes also gain recognised qualifications. Qualifications are closely matched to students’ skills and understanding so that they challenge them well.